Re: Restore and Rename a database from RMAN backupsets

From: <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:05:15 -0700 (PDT)

On May 15, 1:01 am, wrote:
> EE on RHEL 4
> Anyone know a way of restoring a database to a different database name
> from RMAN backupsets.....?
> I could do a duplicate database by connecting to the target database
> but I want to avoid this.
> Or I could restore the backup to the original name on the new server
> and then rename it (via a recreation of the controlfile) afterwards.
> But I'd like to combine the 2 steps into one, any ideas..?
> Thanks
> Matt

I am not sure of your requirements totally but have you looked at the documentation it pretty much spells everything out step by step.

Creating a Duplicate Databsae on a Local or Remote Host:

BEHOLD there is actually a heading:

Is there a particular part of the procedure you can not or do not want to do?

Tim Received on Thu May 15 2008 - 12:05:15 CDT

Original text of this message