grant for functional index

From: jeanor72 <gianluca.greco_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 03:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

on Oracle 9.2 I need to create an index of this type:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX PRODOTTO.IDX_TT_APPENDICI_UFFICI_1 ON PRODOTTO.TT_APPENDICI_UFFICI
(ID_APPENDICE, ID_UFFICIO, DECODE(BL_CESTINO, 1, 0,
ID_APPENDICE_UFFICIO)); that's because "bl_cestino" is a trash column and an easier index of this kind

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX PRODOTTO.IDX_TT_APPENDICI_UFFICI_1 ON PRODOTTO.TT_APPENDICI_UFFICI
(ID_APPENDICE, ID_UFFICIO);
will not allow to logically delete and recreate an item many times.

I gave schema PRODOTTO "create any index" grant, but still it's not able to create this index beacuse of "insufficient privileges", while it can create the second easiest index without any problem.

Well, I solved this creating the index (with the first statement) using another schema which is sysdba, but I'd like to understand why PRODOTTO can't do it on his own.

Thanks for any suggestion. Received on Wed May 14 2008 - 05:00:06 CDT

Original text of this message