Re: SQLnet logging/tracing

From: grz01 <grz01_at_spray.se>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 12:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

On May 12, 7:20 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On May 12, 11:20 am,grz01<gr..._at_spray.se> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > Need some quick help...
>
> > I have an XP-machine with Oracle 10g,
> > both EE and XE installed as standard "starter databases" with the
> > Installers.
>
> > Now I wanted to turn on sql-net tracing/logging,
> > so I created two directories C:\oracle\log and C:\oraclexe\log
> > and added the lines below to %ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora
> > on both installations.
>
> > LOG_DIRECTORY_CLIENT=c:\oracle\log\
> > LOG_FILE_CLIENT=client_log
> > TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT=c:\oracle\log\
> > TRACE_FILE_CLIENT=client_trace
> > TRACE_FILELEN_CLIENT=10000
> > TRACE_FILENO_CLIENT=5
> > TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=16
> > TRACE_TIMESTAMP_CLIENT=TRUE
> > TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT=TRUE
>
> > I have rebooted my machine, and ran some SQL-commands from TOAD and
> > the
> > web-interfaces, but nothing ends up in this directory, it is still
> > empty.
>
> > I am obviously missing something trivial?
> > What else do I need to do?
>
> > TIA,
> > ------------------------grz01
>
> Did you also apply these changes to the sqlnet.ora files on the
> machine where TOAD is installed and the machine where the web-based
> application runs? I expect not.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

Hi David,

I am just running local, so host and client is same machine.

Both TOAD and webinterface
(XE using using http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex, and EE using http://machinename:1158/em) requires the TNSListener running,
so I guess sqlnet should still see the traffic...?

/grz01 Received on Mon May 12 2008 - 14:47:03 CDT

Original text of this message