SQLnet logging/tracing

From: grz01 <grz01_at_spray.se>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:20:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Need some quick help...

I have an XP-machine with Oracle 10g,
both EE and XE installed as standard "starter databases" with the Installers.

Now I wanted to turn on sql-net tracing/logging, so I created two directories C:\oracle\log and C:\oraclexe\log and added the lines below to %ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora on both installations.

LOG_DIRECTORY_CLIENT=c:\oracle\log\
LOG_FILE_CLIENT=client_log

TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT=c:\oracle\log\
TRACE_FILE_CLIENT=client_trace
TRACE_FILELEN_CLIENT=10000
TRACE_FILENO_CLIENT=5
TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=16
TRACE_TIMESTAMP_CLIENT=TRUE
TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT=TRUE

I have rebooted my machine, and ran some SQL-commands from TOAD and the
web-interfaces, but nothing ends up in this directory, it is still empty.

I am obviously missing something trivial? What else do I need to do?

TIA,