Re: Grid Control use by DBAs

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 02:03:23 -0700 (PDT)

On May 10, 6:31 pm, "F" <f..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> We hired a DBA of late who claims to have a lot of experience and none of us
> had experience with Oracle before as its a new environment. He said he has
> never used Grid Control before. We are using 10g.  He said he has always
> used scripts.
>
> Is that a concern ? I feel maybe we have not picked the right person. Let me
> know.

I concur with the other responses, it's not definitive in any case, but a statement of preference for scripts over GUI tools tends to be indicative of lots of experience - though it can also be indicative of irrational prejudices.

Niall Litchfield
http://www.orawin.info/ Received on Sun May 11 2008 - 04:03:23 CDT

Original text of this message