Re: Date / Time a table was updated

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:18:47 -0700 (PDT)

On May 9, 8:48 am, alastair.coo..._at_googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are running Oracle 9i on unix, is it possible to query the database
> to find out the last date and time a named table has some data
> updated / inserted
>
> Thanks
>
> Alastair

Certainly there is, although if you've not set table monitoring on you won't find anything. The view in question is DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS, and it's used, in one aspect, by Oracle to determine if statistics on a given table are STALE or not. You would probably want the following information:

set linesize 132

select table_owner, table_name, to_char(timestamp, 'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') chg_time
from dba_tab_modifications;

Again, if your tables aren't altered for monitoring you'll get absolutely nothing from this view.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri May 09 2008 - 09:18:47 CDT

Original text of this message