Re: redo lost after disk failure

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:11:38 -0700 (PDT)

On May 8, 1:07 pm, eliot06 <p.hi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have this message :
> Errors in file /oracle/10.2.0/admin/mvstst/udump/
> mvstst_ora_618646.trc:
> ORA-00313: échec d'ouverture des membres du groupede journaux 1,
> thread 1
> ORA-00312: journal en ligne 1 thread 1 : '/redo/mvstst/redo01.log'
> ORA-27037: impossible d'obtenir l'état du fichier
>
> The database is in NOARCHIVE, how can i do to restore this database ?
> Is it possible ?
>
> Thank's

00313, 00000, "open failed for members of log group %s of thread %s" // *Cause: The online log cannot be opened. May not be able to find file.
// *Action: See accompanying errors and make log available. $ oerr ora 312
00312, 00000, "online log %s thread %s: '%s'" // *Cause: This message reports the filename for details of another message.
// *Action: Other messages will accompany this message. See the // associated messages for the appropriate action to take. $ oerr ora 27037
27037, 00000, "unable to obtain file status"

// *Cause:  stat system call returned an error, additional information
//          indicates which function encountered the error
// *Action: check errno

Online redo logs are the "Achilles heel" of Oracle. That is why they must be mirrored to the point of paranoia. It is likely that the archive log mode is irrelevant in this case. But in general, archivelog mode is pretty useful.

Is it possible you just accidently pushed the "offline" button on the disk drive where your redo is? Otherwise, you will lose data, unless the db was shut down cleanly before the redo went bye-bye.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Heck, I called on one of those ads.  Didn't go for it, they tried to