Re: Work with SQL*Plus through command prompt windows

From: <hpcasalino_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 10:31:51 -0700 (PDT)

On May 8, 12:18 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Thu, 8 May 2008 09:58:56 -0700 (PDT), hpcasal..._at_gmail.com wrote:

> >> Since you won't supply the command you attempted to use to access an
> >> Oracle database through SQL*Plus tell us why we should take our time
> >> to try and solve an issue where no real information is available.
>
> >> Post what you did and what error messages you received.
>
> >> David Fitzjarrell
>
> >Ok, I apologize....this is my first day as a real DBA after I finished
> >college, no more practice...nothing ...this is real. Also, this is the
> >first time using this tool to try to contact someone who could help
> >me.
> >Well, after I launch SQLPlus in the command prompt I tried to see the
> >blocks that I got corrupted after a hot backup, and I ran v
> >$backup_corruption...and the only message I got was "unknown
> >command"..... the thing is that if you could help me giving me some
> >help what should I do...or may be some link where I can read ...I will
> >do it....I just want to know which is the best way to make a backup
> >and recovery by using the SQLPlus through command prompt
> >window.........
> >Thanks
>
> I'm not sure you are real DBA. I would be frigthened to death by a DBA
> who assumes you can make a backup of a database through sqlplus.
> I would be frightened to death by a DBA who doesn't know SQL, and who
> doesn't know v$backup_corruption is a view, which you need to  SELECT
> from.
>
> I would you advise you to quit your job, before you create havoc and
> are laid off, and go back to college, and ask your money back.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

Look, I am trying to put in practice what I studied, you could be a little more kind in giving me some advise. Or you just forgot when you studied and when you were at your first day in some place???? I think you did.......
What I just want to do is try to start working as a real DBA..When I said real DBA, is that I left my daily classes and I want to start working to becoming as good as others..I know is a long way, but I deserve the opportunity...... May be you misunderstood my question....you have to be more patience...I don't know how you are a Senior DBA with this selfish and antipatic behavior.... Received on Thu May 08 2008 - 12:31:51 CDT

Original text of this message