Re: Oracle 10g Express Connection Limitations?

From: Jason D. <>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 06:32:37 -0700 (PDT)

On May 7, 6:58 am, gazzag <> wrote:
> On 6 May, 19:00, "Jason D." <> wrote:
> > V$SESSION the same as V_$SESSION ? I found the latter
> > when logging on as "sys" under Views in the Object Browser but
> > couldn't find one without the underscore.
> select object_name, object_type
> from dba_objects
> where object_name in ('V$SESSION','V_$SESSION');
> Just as an aside, why is your usage of Oracle XE a summer-based
> affair? ;)
> -g

It's for a summer research project at university I worked on last summer and am continuing my research this summer. I'm basically working on multi-database querying, I've been experimenting mainly with Oracle, MySQL and Postgres for the time being. I've never used synonym's before but I googled them to get the basics. I noticed the owner for V$SESSION is 'public' but I still can't see it in the object Browser (I can however see it when I log in on the command line/SQL Plus). So anyway I queried V$SESSION but it didn't tell me anything new, a extra tuple gets added showing my application connected when it is, and then the tuple disappears when my application disconnects! Received on Wed May 07 2008 - 08:32:37 CDT

Original text of this message