Re: why listener 's chang_password not work?

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 01:36:58 -0700 (PDT)

On May 7, 5:34 am, Havel Zhang <havel.zh..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all:
>
> i'm using oracle 10g on a Windows XP system. for my oracle system's
> security, i change listener password by follow steps:
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> c:>lsnrctl
> LSNRCTL> change_password
> Old password:
> New password:
> Reenter new password:
> Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1)))
> Password changed for LISTENER
> The command completed successfully
> LSNRCTL>save_config
> LSNRCTL>quit
> so it looks changed passowrd. but when i start or stop listener,
> nothing happened.

Nothing? The listener did restart, didn't it?

With 10g (at least on some OS), the listener administration permissions are enforced by OS authentication. If your OS user is DBA, you won't need a password even if it is configured for the listener. (Note that I haven't taken the risk of checking that out on Window$.) Received on Wed May 07 2008 - 03:36:58 CDT

Original text of this message