Character set: moving from WE8ISO8859P1 to UTF8

From: jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:52:45 -0700 (PDT)

Could anyone point me in the direction of any guides which could advise on the likely steps required to make applications code work on a database created as UTF8 character set versus WE8ISO8859P1 (against which the application was developed and runs in production now)? I am really looking for suggested settings of any NLS parameters that might enable compatibility and a checklist of the things that might need to be reviewed.

Appreciate any pointers

many thanks
jeremy Received on Tue May 06 2008 - 11:52:45 CDT

Original text of this message