Re: HELP - Oracle 8.05

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:25:26 -0700 (PDT)

On May 5, 11:39 am, Closerwalk <closerw..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 12:17 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > On May 1, 1:49 pm, closerw..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Here is my dilemma:   I have some work to do for a client that
> > > requires Microstation, Microstation GEO Graphics and Oracle 8.05
> > > cleint.
>
> > > I have the two Microstation pre-requisites.  I have called Oracle and
> > > the good news is that if they could find it they would give it to me
> > > FREE.   Great unfortunately it was decomissioned 12 years ago.
>
> > > My Plea is:  Does anyone have a copy of Oracle 8.05 for windows that
> > > they would be willing to help me out with.
>
> > > I would gladly give you our Oracle contact if you want to verify that
> > > they indeed would supply it free of charge.
> > > Jeff Walsh
> > > 650.633.9415
> > > jeffrey.wa..._at_oracle.com
>
> > > But anyway I am desperate for this version of the software.
>
> > > Any help would be a blessing....
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > >  Ken
> > > closerw..._at_gmail.com
>
> > Whether oracle wants to admit it or not, oracle can still supply
> > copies of that software.
>
> > Your customer oracle contact can open up a service request and get you
> > that software.
>
> > Yes other cdos posters could possibly do that but this is the correct
> > way to proceed.- Hide quoted text -

> Unfortunately I am still in the delema that I need the client and if
> anyone can help I would appreciate it.- Hide quoted text -

I should think that would inform you that no one in this newsgroup possesses the software which you require. Or, if someone does, that it is not going to be shared. In either event it's now your responsibility to contact your Oracle sales representative and try, again, to get this from the source.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon May 05 2008 - 12:25:26 CDT

Original text of this message