Re: Loader 10g under z/OS

From: The Boss <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 15:57:29 +0200

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Fri, 02 May 2008 00:34:38 -0700, Kay Kanekowski wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> i've a problem with the 10g SQL*Loader running on z/OS. If i try to
>> load an dataset which is VB stored the loader produced an "Abend
>> S0C4". The same dataset will be loaded with the 9.2 loader, there
>> are no problems. If i copy the dataset to an other dataset which is
>> FB stored it will load without errors. Has anybody some hints or
>> workarounds for me ? regards
>> Kay
>
> Can you post the log file? I've never worked with z/OS and I don't
> know what is "Abend S0C4". Is there an Oracle error that you can see?

On zOS (or OS390 / MVS) all S###-abends are OS System Abends. The 0C4 indicates a memory protection exception, mostly caused by invalid pointers.
It should come with a 'REASON'-code that could be helpful for further analysis.

In this specific case, my guess would be that the OP is either hit by bug 5846643 or bug 6070239 (see Metalink).
If neither of these seems applicable, I would suggest opening a SR.

HTH

--
Jeroen