Re: mysql -> Oracle

From: jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:41:30 +0100

In article <Xns9A8C8168CD02anacedenthotmailcom_at_69.28.173.184>, Ana C. Dent says...

> If I was given this task I'd write a simple PERL program to move the data
> from MYSQL to Oracle.

Different servers, different providers. Ideally we'll just find a simple method of "exporting" the MySQL schema as DDL scripts whichy are oraclecompatible  and likewise a set of insert statements per table, again oracle-friendly.

> Do you have any MYSQL datatypes that do not cleanly map to Oracle?

Not sure at the moment - haven't had sight of the MySQL schema. We are only going to load the data into a holding schema and then run transformations to load into our application tables.

--
jeremy