Re: Question about shrinking sga_target.

From: Adam Sandler <>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

The default if you will for sga_target is 320M. When I got the errors, Oracle was noting that it needed at least 520M, the 320M was too small. I hadn't seen this before. Using the procedure described in the first post, I bumped the sga_target to 640M. Now that the instance is running again, I'd like to shrink it back down to 320M. I server this happened on is a test server and for consistency's sake, I'd like to keep the test server configured the same as what is in the field. Received on Wed Apr 30 2008 - 12:24:12 CDT

Original text of this message