Re: How a server oracle can read mdb(access) database

From: Molok <>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

On 30 Apr, 15:37, yossarian <> wrote:
> Molok wrote:
> > Mhm. How i can see the table in the .mdb access file on the
> > workstation "B" from the Oracle server in the workstation "A"?
> > What type of solution you suggest? Odbc, Ado...
> You did not specify your platform, so let's assume Windows. You have to
> use the following technologies:

eheh...i hear this as "you seem to be a bit i'm sure you have windows.." ;D
Ok: windows 2003 server+oracle that want see a table in a windows xp access database.

> * Windows shared folders

mhm..i have to "share" the database?
> * ODBC

This is necessary on the "ms-access" machine to point at the db with a dsn,it's right?
> * Oracle Heterogeneous Connectivity

i'm seeng a guide on this thing. i presume that my oracle versione has the tools pre-installed.

thanks much!