ASM setup

From: macdba321 <macdba321_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 07:26:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
  I'm setting up my first ASM based database ever. (Just for testing and learning, NOT for production). I only have 3 physical disks in the ASM disk group. (4 total physical disks in the server).

  I am loading the OS (Windows 2003 server) on one physical disk as well as the Oracle installation. I am keeping the other 3 disks raw for ASM.

  Should I RAID the 3 raw disks (hardware RAID and/or Oracle raid) or just let Oracle do what it wants with them?

Thanks! Received on Mon Apr 28 2008 - 09:26:45 CDT

Original text of this message