Re: Post-Install of HTML DB

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 00:18:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 28, 12:48 am, Rick Denoire <100.17..._at_germanynet.de> wrote:
> I am considering to install HTML DB from the companion CD on a server
> where only the Oracle software itself (V. 10.2.0.3) but no DB yet
> exists.
>
> The installation program offers to choose an installation including
> Apache if it has not been installed, and then it needs a different
> OracleHome path.
>
> I always thought that Apache was always installed with Oracle per
> default (I did a standard installation of Oracle). How do I check if
> apache was already installed?http://localhost:7777won't work.
> What is the recommended path for the Apache OracleHome? It won't
> accept the existing OracleHome. May I choose a new path without any
> constraint?
>
> Thanks a lot for your advice.
>
> Rick Denoire

Rick:

Just a couple of months ago I installed APEX 3.0.1 onto an Oracle Enterprise Linux which had a 10.2.0.3 DB (no apache installed, BTW)

I chose the Apache2 Oracle HTTPServer from the OTN (part of the Oracle Application server, but downloadable separately).

I installed it on a DIFFERENT Oracle home, and had to be careful with the environment variables (ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID). A couple of flawed starts of the HTTPServer because of messing the two ORACLE_HOMEst, so I prepared a script to start the HTTPServer with its environment variables fixed (the DB was set to start automatically with init.d).

HTH Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Mon Apr 28 2008 - 02:18:23 CDT

Original text of this message