Re: library cache miss ratio very high - how to find out the rot cause

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2008 20:52:08 GMT

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:16:35 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> Nor do I detect any ill will or annoyance anywhere other than in this
> group.

As a consultant, I do detect annoyance with the fact that AWR is not free. And yes, it still works. One has to delete snapshots manually and there is no nice way of getting them displayed by the browser. However, it is not my intention to start a flame war or advertize PgSQL. We're all adults and can judge for ourselves. In my opinion, the best way to deal with the issue would be to extend the Statspack package to be able to clean up itself and to allow for an easy browsing. Believe it or not, I am writing just such a package. I'll put it on my web page when I am done. I already resolved cleanup, it will be done by a job. I am still in the planning phase for the pipelined function to display the results in the web browser, but I will get there relatively soon. Essentially, all that I need to do is to copy the output from spreport to a PL/SQL table and display the results. Statspack will ride again, that much I can promise.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com