Re: DBCA failing after 10.2.03 upgrade

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:11:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 26, 6:18 pm, "Mike Jones" <mj20..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > 1) Can you in your environment create a reproducible test case?  If so
> > great otherwise my guess is that you possibly did something unusual
> > somewhere along the way.  The OUI error messages should mean
> > something ...
>
> I have been able to reproduce the problem on three different systems and
> repeated installs on a test system. It's very repeatable for me. Am I to
> assume this repeatable behavior is limited to myself? I was unable to find
> any references to this problem when doing my research.

Sounds likely then that you will be able to submit a service request that oracle might actually be able to reproduce your results and file a bug for. Well then of course there's always that fix status "in next release" that doesn't make any of us very satisfied.

I for one have not used dbca for anything over the last 5 years for anything but a "custom" database where oracle rebuilds everything from scratch. Still there are enough oracle users out there on that this sure looks like it should have been discovered and reported already. Or all the 32 bit linux users still on base 10.2? Doesn't sound very likely to me.

Filing a service request looks unavoidable.

> > 2) Did you try using the 10.2.0.4 patchset which should be available
> > for your environment by now?  In other words, why patch to 10.2.0.3
> > when oracle has a newer patchset available now?
>
> I am downloading 10.2.0.4.0 right now. I'll post my results here.

Keep us posted. Received on Sat Apr 26 2008 - 19:11:46 CDT

Original text of this message