DBCA failing after 10.2.03 upgrade

From: Mike Jones <mj2008b_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:35:21 -0600

After upgrading from Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1.0 to 10.2.0.3.0 I am no longer able to use DBCA to create a new database. I believe the problem is the 10.2.0.3.0 patch set does not upgrade the seed database used by DBCA from 10.2.0.1.0 to 10.2.0.3.0. Thus after DBCA completes the DB replication and attempts to start the instance it fails with a disconnect (essentially the same error one receives if they do not upgrade their current databases after the patch installation). This behavior is understandable given it's attempting to start a 10.2.0.1.0 instance. My question is how can I update the seed database or otherwise utilize DBCA to create new databases after an upgrade?

I am running Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1.0 with the 10.2.0.3.0 patch upgrade, Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 Update 6 (x86, 32 bit, Oracles version of Linux). I've used DBUA and/or catupgrd.sql to upgrade my existing databases without problem. I've read the release notes, performed the necessary pre/post installation tasks, etc. I can't seem to find any reference to this issue through Google or in these forums. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance Received on Sat Apr 26 2008 - 11:35:21 CDT

Original text of this message