Publishing to MQ

From: Ravion <ravishankar_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:33:56 +0800

Dear all.

I have huge number of data coming to my application through a bacth process in main frame. Assuming that all this data are available in one table, I have a PL/SQL procedure to manipulate the data and do some data massaging and put into three tables.

There is a second procedure which processes the rows of these three tables, and while the processing is going on, there can be some updates coming to these tables through an online application. ( Note that we are processing the data got from a bacth. Now we have some rows which are coming to this table directly from internet i.e online)

THere is a Java Rule Engine waiting to process the output of the above batch. Now my question is how PL SQL can inform Java that the bacth processing is complete. This is because Java program will never know when PL SQL batch completed its work, and while PL SQL is doing the batch, there can be some more rows coming for it to process through online.

Is there any event pusblish mechanism i.e JMS way by which PL SQL can notify Java that the processing is complete by putting a message into queue? I dont want to go for triggers. Please advise the best design possible, thanks a million.

Best, Ravion Received on Fri Apr 25 2008 - 20:33:56 CDT

Original text of this message