Installing 10g utilities

From: <mbsmith81_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:19:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I've got what I think is a simple question. We have a 10g database, and I'm trying to run a batch file that uses 'sqlldr' to check a control file and then update the database. The batch file will run on the db server of course, the problem is that it cannot be run from a client PC because 'sqlldr' isn't on that PC. I'm trying to figure out what I need to download from oracle in order to have sqlldr.exe installed. I've gleaned the fact that I can use the Oracle 10g install CD to do this, but it would appear that I would have to install the actual database software, which is way more stuff than I need, especially on a workstation. Can anyone tell me the bare-minimum I need to download from Oracle's website?

I'm more of a networking/server administrator, not an Oracle DBA, so the in's and out's of Oracle isn't common knowledge to me. Thanks for any help in advance. Received on Wed Apr 23 2008 - 15:19:20 CDT

Original text of this message