Re: Cannot connect to Oracle 10g database

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:07:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 22, 5:30 pm, Raj <jkama..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> From SQL PLus, I cannot connect to our Oracle 10g database. The
> following errors shows up in the SQL-Plus.
>
> ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested
> in connect
> descriptor

> 2008-04-22 17:28:20,328 [HttpRequestHandler-20677779] ERROR
> eml.OMSHandshake processFailure.780 - OMSHandshake failed.(AGENT URL =http://support-db3.actuate.com:3938/emd/main)(ERROR= INTERNAL_ERROR)
>
> What could be the problem and how to fix it?
>
> Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
> Raj

You might try running lsnrctl status to see what the listener is expecting. It is likely going to be what Noons said.

It is also possible that you are not using a protocol already set up, if you are on the same machine as the db. Is there an @ sign in your connect string from sqlplus? Try removing that reference, instead of sqlplus scott/tiger_at_orcl10g, try sqlplus scott/tiger.

For the agent, you perhaps have the wrong oracle home or something like that. Have you reinstalled anything, patched, or otherwise made more than one install? Are there errors in your alert log? Have you found every tnsnames.ora file everywhere? Do you have more than one oracle home? You may need to simply reconfigure the agent.

Also, remember to state your version, completely, like 10.2.0.4 or whatever select * from v$version; says.

You should be able to go into a dos box on your server and say sqlplus "/ as sysdba" to get to sqlplus.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.anysql.net/tag/Oracle&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=9&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dshareplex%2Boracle7%2Bmine%2Bredo%2Blogs%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG