Complex Structures within PL/SQL

From: Le Tubs <dlaw001_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:31:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Apologies if this gets posted twice

I am relatively new to PL/SQL and want to do is find a list of duplicate records, then recording the duplicate c_rec id's in some sort of structure which I can extract at a later date this is what I have got so far ....

TYPE DupID as Table of (

	wID NUMBER;
	AID NUMBER;
	BID Number;

)

select ???? = A.PAYROLL_ID, A.C_REC, B.C_REC from FMAPPING A where

		(SELECT * FROM FMAPPING B where
			A.PAYROLL_ID = B.PAYROLL_ID AND A.C_REC <> B.C_REC);

  • at this point can just extract each row, and I will have access to the payroll_id, and the unique c_rec

So is this correct, but how do I load the DupID table with the contents of the select statment (I am assuming that the sql is correct)

I would ideally like to learn what I'm doing right and wrong, so ideally what I'm after are pointers to reference sites, decent example sites or books rather than just the answer. Any tips or pointers ectra will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.

LeTubs Received on Wed Apr 23 2008 - 11:31:53 CDT

Original text of this message