Re: library cache miss ratio very high - how to find out the rot cause

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:24:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 22, 1:28 am, Frank Zimmer <frank.zim..._at_euroscript.lu> wrote:
> Hi
>
> we are driving a Documentum based ECM system on a big sun machine (12
> CPU) (i know that Documentum is creating very bad SQL)
> Right now sometimes (quite often) the system is totally slow.
> With some monitoring we can see that at that point the miss ratio
> for the sql library cache goes over 60 %.
> At that time the shared SQL area of the SGA is used only by 60 % and
> the parse to execute ratio is nearly one.
>
> How can i get deeper into that ?
>
> Best regards
> Frank

Just out of curiosity I put the following query into google: documentum oracle queries

I notice a couple of informative links, seems this Robin East fellow knows some things, including SQL profiles and getting sets results.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Oracle v. SAP:  http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/news.asp?id=48054