Re: Which HOME to set for startinh 10g Grid Control Agent

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 20, 9:40 pm, mc..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Are you trying to be funny....?
>
> You have answered my question with a question - well done.
>
> Is that because you dont know the answer or because you have a lot of
> time on your hands..?

It would be because the answer is so obvious that he just stated it with the interogatory implying the question of why would you ask something so obvious, but that would be wrong. It can be much more complicated than that, depending on how you installed and what privileges you had at the time. See
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b40002/structure.htm#sthref17 among other docs.

It _is_ usually a mistake to run in one home with settings for another. Don't ask how I know, I refuse to remember.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"MetaLink V2 - Note