Tremendous Oracle eroor

From: Lanying & Manfred Chen-Fischer <manfis_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:26:50 +0200

Thank you, after registering the database alter system register database;
no significant change

I think it must be a tremendous Oracle error, public patches are available?

Once again, I only installed the Oracle product, I've changed nothing

"Charles Hooper" <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e56b25f4-8a13-408d-88b3-85f19e185990_at_q24g2000prf.googlegroups.com... On Apr 20, 12:22 pm, "Lanying & Manfred Chen-Fischer" <man..._at_tonline. de> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've installed Oracle trial/demo EE software (Oracle site) Win XP SP2
> computer 2 gigabyte storage without applying any rotten tricks. (Easy and
> basic installation, no pre installation warnings, nothing!). Administrator
> of WinXP is in the ora_dba group, allow batch and so on is set, dba_group
> +
> admin can run batch operations and so on, all set like I did it in Ora 10g
> (10g EE runs perfect). After rebooting, the oracle.exe process claims 100
> percent of CPU usage (task manager). No Client application is stressing
> the
> database. No SQL Developer, nothing!. What in the hell is oracle.exe
> doing?
> Stopping emct (emctl stop dbconsole) all looks fine.
> Any idea?
>
> Manfred

Have you checked the alert log for the database instance or the listener log? Is it possible that Oracle is busy performing recovery due to a previous shutdown abort, and had not yet registered the database with the listener, yet the Enterprise Manager DB Control service is repeatedly attempting to connect to the database instance?

In the alert log, do you see an error like this:

Fatal NI connect error 12170.

  VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.6.0 - Production Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.6.0 - Production
Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.6.0 - Production
  Time:
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    ns main err code: 12535

TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out

    ns secondary err code: 12606
    nt main err code: 0
    nt secondary err code: 0
    nt OS err code: 0
  Client address: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=x.x.x.x)(PORT=x)) WARNING: inbound connection timed out (ORA-3136)

In the alert log, are you seeing entries indicating recovery is needed? Any errors reported?

In the listener log, does it appear that the database is attempting to register itself several times per minute? Are you seeing multiple connection attempts per minute from nmesrvc.exe (I believe that is the name of the service)? Any errors reported?

FYI, the locations of the alert log and listener log have changed from their relative locations on 10g. If you installed Oracle to the D: drive, you might find the alert log here:   D:\Oracle\Product\diag\rdbms\instance\instance\trace

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Sun Apr 20 2008 - 17:26:50 CDT

Original text of this message