Re: Best way to drop contents of a tablespace?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:07:40 +0200

Pat wrote:
> I need to write a script that will log into a server as a user and
> delete the contents of that user's default tablespace.

You cannot - you do not seem to have a grasp of how tablespace(s) and users come together.
Unless you logon as a super user (as already indicated by others) you cannot do what you describe you want to do. Any tablespace may contain objects of another user - so you cannot delete the contents of a tablespace (unless you own it)

Unless you describe it as I want to drop all user objects. Replace the word objects by tables, or what ever.

What is the purpose of all this? Why do you think there is a need to remove all user data?

Regards,
FvB Received on Sun Apr 20 2008 - 07:07:40 CDT

Original text of this message