Re: OracleXE 10g listener service can't start after server joined domain and changed computer name.

From: Amber <guxiaobo1982_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:41:25 -0700 (PDT)

From Google snapshot I found a blog entry about solving OracleXE not working on computers which joined to domain, I don’t think that is the same problem, but there is a little similarity:

Have a problem with Oracle Database 10g Express Edition? Oracle is installed but doesn't work?

This is caused by that your account is given from domain server or your system has non-English locale.

HowTo resolve this problem:

Create local user (this user should not be a domain account). Set OS system locale to English (US or UK, via Regional and Language Options), reboot.
Install Oracle XE under local user (via runas console program or via Run as... from Windows Explorer popup menu). Open file "Oracle\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\NETWORK\ADMIN \sqlnet.ora
and comment (via # symbol) or remove line SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)
Open shell, type sqlplus oracle_user/oracle_password and work with Oracle XE. Received on Thu Apr 17 2008 - 20:41:25 CDT

Original text of this message