Re: late binding Oracle Trigger

From: news.verizon.net <kennedyii_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:04:43 GMT

"Vabs" <rajatbsr_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:8aa4b5c3-c34b-4dd8-af89-8013de32e5e2_at_f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>i want to use if(:new.column_name is not null) which works perfect...
> however my problem is that i want to set this column_name as a run
> time variable (as the table columns are not known to me)
>
> I tried using a variable but oracle throws a PLS-00049 bad bind
> variable error.
>
> Please help...

bad idea. If you don't know the column name then you have a problem. If you are trying to avoid writing a lot of triggers then write a little program that will create the triggers for you. If you are trying to write a home made auditing system then use Oracle's native auditing. Jim Received on Thu Apr 17 2008 - 09:04:43 CDT

Original text of this message