Re: OracleXE 10g listener service can't start after server joined domain and changed computer name.

From: Amber <guxiaobo1982_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:08:18 -0700 (PDT)

The whole machine is now copyed to a virtual machine, and after I rename the virtual machine to the original one, oraclexe and listener work well.

In the physical machine, when I start the OracleXETNSListener the following message appears:
>>Service OracleXETNSListener on local computer started and stoped.
>>Some servicecs stop because they have nothing to do, such as the "Performance and Alert" service.
These messages are translated by me from Chinese.

BTW, my server have two physical network adapters, and one virtual network adapter created by VMWare Vitual Server.

Then I do some test in a new virtual machine for a new OracleXE installation, and find some intresting things: 1. I renam the virtual machine, OracleXE and listener service can start when the virtual machine restarted and listener.ora/lnsnames.ora are manully updated.
2. I joind the virtual machine to a test domain and rename it, OracleXE and listener service both can start after the virtual machine restarted, but this time the listener.ora/lnsnames.ora file are not updated, that is the original computer name is used in these files and OracleXE still can work. Received on Thu Apr 17 2008 - 01:08:18 CDT

Original text of this message