Re: OracleXE 10g listener service can't start after server joined domain and changed computer name.

From: <joe.ramsey_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:55:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 16, 9:28 am, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 16 Apr, 14:06, Amber <guxiaobo1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is not any logs appended to listener.org since the server was
> > renamed. Now I am using VMWare Converter to convert the physical
> > machine to a virtual machine, then try to rename the virtual machine
> > to the origial one, hoping I can recove the database:(
>
> I thought you said that you can start the database?  If so, try the
> following at a command prompt:
>
> set ORACLE_SID=XE
>
> sqlplus / as sysdba
>
> Copy and paste the output you get here.
>
> HTH
>
> -g

Could it be something with permissions on the account that owns the service since you joined the domain? Maybe the account you are using doesn't have the necessary permissions to start the services now or the owner of the services does not have the permissions to launch the service. Received on Wed Apr 16 2008 - 09:55:30 CDT

Original text of this message