Re: OracleXE 10g listener service can't start after server joined domain and changed computer name.

From: Amber <guxiaobo1982_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 06:06:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 15, 11:37 pm, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 15 Apr, 16:10, Amber <guxiaobo1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The database service can start, but the listener service can't start
> > even I manully update the listener.ora file and tnsnames.ora file in
> > %ORACLE_HOME%\product\10.2.0\server\NETWORK\ADMIN directory.
>
> Any error reported?  What does your listener.log indicate?

There is not any logs appended to listener.org since the server was renamed. Now I am using VMWare Converter to convert the physical machine to a virtual machine, then try to rename the virtual machine to the origial one, hoping I can recove the database:( Received on Wed Apr 16 2008 - 08:06:26 CDT

Original text of this message