Re: Multiple databases - best performance scenario

From: bhonaker <bhonaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:38:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 15, 1:02 pm, NetComrade <netcomradeNS..._at_bookexchange.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:48:03 -0700 (PDT), bhonaker
>
> <bhona..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Wow what a vicious bug. This bug does not appear when using fully
> >qualified objects, which should be the goal anyway :-).
>
> Be realistic. And as far as bugs go, it was very embarassing when I
> told developers "common, that's what database is build for, for this
> to never happen", only to be shown proof that I was a fool thinking
> that.
> We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR2, 10g2RAC on RH4/RH5 and Solaris 10 (Sparc)
> We use RMAN and remote catalog for backups

I'm not saying its not difficult, but unrealistic? When compiling code into production, use a DBA account, not a schema that owns production code - unqualified objects shake themselves out. At least that's how we've done it at my last couple gigs.

As to your embarrassment that Oracle would do such a thing - I can't even imagine how painful that was. Received on Wed Apr 16 2008 - 07:38:32 CDT

Original text of this message