Re: Oracle memory allocation on Linux 2.6

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 14, 9:39 pm, NetComrade <netcomradeNS..._at_bookexchange.net> wrote:

> >> Have you tried playing with Veritas/ODM?
>
> >I've never used ODM. But is it compatible with OCFS2?
>
> Sorry, no clue.. my understanding with OCFS, an oracle supplied FS,
> double buffering shouldn't be an issue... but i never used it... was
> 'fortunate' enough to work with ADM

Could you please explain why this "double buffering" is wanted? And have you found a means of inhibiting it altogether (using Direct IO on Linux/OCFS2 does not do it according to my tests and a few messages found on the net)?

Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 15 2008 - 08:11:35 CDT

Original text of this message