I want to add disks to ASM disk group but the disks status are already "MEMBER"?

From: Woody Ling <woodyling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:47:39 -0700 (PDT)

I installed oracle and created ASM disk group 'DATA' with some raw devices in linux. Since it is a test environment, I uninstall all oracle software and reinstall them.

I am now running OUI and stop at 'Configure Automatic Storage Management' page. I want to add disks to the 'DATA' disk group. It shows me that all "old" raw devices status are 'MEMBER' and I cannot select and reuse them. Any method to reset it?

Thanks.
Woody Ling
Hong Kong Received on Tue Apr 15 2008 - 01:47:39 CDT

Original text of this message