How to change RAC ASM to non-RAC ASM?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 01:12:16 -0700 (PDT)
I try to do it in the following way...
- Stop all oracle processes and CRS.
- Turn RAC option off:
- Log in as "oracle"
- cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
- make -f ins_rdbms.mk rac_off
- make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
- Modify pfile to remove all cluster related options.
- Startup the ASM instance with new pfile
But it return "ORA-29701: unable to connect to Cluster Manager" and ASM failed to start.
It is OK for other database instances use OCFS2 but not ok for ASM so that all other databases depend on ASM cannot be started. Is it possible to change RAC ASM to non-RAC ASM?
Hong Kong Received on Mon Apr 14 2008 - 03:12:16 CDT