Re: how can I get bind values for another session? There are conditions..

From: <salkawari_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:47:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 11, 8:20 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 6:30 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
>

> > The oradebug command set might be able to give you the information you
> > want but I do not know how.  Perhaps a process dump?
>
> http://www.orafaq.com/faqdbain.htm#ORADEBUG
>
> found by putting in google:
> oradebug look at bind variables
>
> Hey, it's been a long week for all of us.  :-)
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> "...very entertaining..."http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080411/news_1b11yahoo.html

Hi there,

Thanks alot for your input! The bind views dont unfortunately work for me, if you can get them to work please let me know. I cannot get the values from the bind variables without altering cursor sharing or changing the statistics level from typical. The opbinding views look good but unfortunately dont show the bind values (atleast not when I tried). Since the bind value in question is from another session, it cant be used directly (under the conditions mentioned above). Thanks for your link about oradebug - it looks good. The annoying thing is, alot of the oradebug information available out there talks about the standard tracing functionality. Tracing would only work for me if the behaviour would happen after I turned on tracing (which for practical reasons isnt possible as its sporadic and on prod). I am hoping to find out how to use peek or dumpvar uga -> these are the really juicy commands!

On another forum, I recieved some good ideas, such as using instrumentation (to log the order number in action in v$session). You idea about logging the state via an anonymous transaction was a good one. It would be preferrable to do it without changing the code if possible though (its called hundreds of times per minute from many different clients).

What would be good is if there was a way to somehow remotely as that suspect session, then the local bind variables could become viewable. But this probably isnt easy due to security concerns.

Thanks again for your thoughts and posts.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Received on Sun Apr 13 2008 - 14:47:13 CDT

Original text of this message