Re: Yes, this is probably a stupid question but...

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:44:50 GMT

Pat <pat.casey_at_service-now.com> wrote in news:0653963d-1d32-4e85-9bae- 55e038b9eb45_at_f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> Question I have is:
>
> Short of constructing a summary table (which is probably a non starter
> in this environment), is there anything I could to to speed up the
> return time of a count query like the above?

Ready, Fire, Aim!

If you don't know specifically where the time is being spent, you'd only be guessing what change is most optimal.

Run your query with SQL_TRACE=TRUE & run the results thru tkprof.

Post the results & EXPLAIN PLAN back here is you still need more asisstance Received on Sat Apr 12 2008 - 18:44:50 CDT

Original text of this message