Re: Swingbench don't show me the correct TPM

From: sybrandb <>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:31:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 11, 4:58 pm, Andrea <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'm using swingbench for retrive TPM information, but i don't know why
> it shows me low TPM values.
> My server is BL480C (2 CPU quad core) with 16Gb of RAM, there is
> oracle 10g installed with SGA size of 6Gb and it is sizing for OLTP.
> i've create with ccwizard a schema of 10000 (default) customer and
> i've try a generation data for 100,1000,10000 and 40000 number of
> transactions. When i test it with 25,100 or more users, in all case
> the result shows max 5000 TPM for minute.. isn't possible! my server
> should be arrive at 80000 TPM (made by HP)
> what i mistake in configuration of bench?? someone have try this
> software?
> thanks !
> Andrea

Please refrain from posting this in as many forums as you can spell. Please do NOT post here AND at OTN.
Most forums are visited by the same small bunch of persons. You will force people to waste their time. Apart from that I don't know whether Swingbench is an Oracle product, and whether you did or didn't run statspack to support your findings.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA