Re: Check for uncompressed rows in compressed table

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:09:41 -0700

gareth wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is it possible to check for uncompressed rows in a compressed table?
>
> I have looked everywhere and I cannot find an answer to this.
>
> Thanks in advance

No: Nor do I think it would make much sense to do so. The nature of how compression works is such that, depending on your application, it might be that a large number of blocks, at any time, contain a mixture of compressed and uncompressed rows. Overall an irrelevancy.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor