Re: Are the number of posts to comp.databases.oracle.server dropping off ?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 10, 6:29 am, Barry Bulsara <bbulsar..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, the last few years have seen a notable decrease in the number of
> posts to comp.databases.oracle.server (cdos)
>
> Seehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/about
>
> I am really surprised given the increasing and numerous terse
> impromptu posts from some of the more active regular members of this
> group (normally about spam, marketplace posts, bad design, or lacking
> a version number). Perhaps "omlet", arghhh don't mention his name, was
> responsible for the all-time posting highs!
>
> Why are the number of posts to this newsgroup dropping off.
>
> 1. Is is the anal behaviour of some members that are scaring others/
> new members off
> 2. Is is that current versions of Oracle and current developers/dba's
> require less help
> 3. Is is that posters are using newsgroups other than cdos
> 4. Is is that the Google stats wrong
> 5. Something else
>
> I appreciate it is more about quality than quantity but the quality of
> response in cdos doesn't seem to be improving either.
>
> Regards
>
> David

Actually I would say activity on the comp.databases.oracle.* newsgroups is higher recently than it was a year ago.

Still activity is no where near where it was back in the mid 90's.

Metalink and OTN have both been introduced since then and there are other forum sites.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Apr 10 2008 - 11:39:00 CDT

Original text of this message