Re: Export the whole DB to ASCII file

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:15:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 12:01 pm, "" <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have two Oracle 10G databases with some 3rdparty solution which
> should replicate the databases between them and keep them in full
> sync.
> To verify that the whole database is replicated properly I would like
> to export both databases to ASCII file and run diff on these files.
> So I am looking for some Oracle or others free utilities that can do
> this export task to ASCII file ?
> Thanks,
> Pavel

1 - SQLPlus can spool output to a file. For tables with only varchar2, number, and date data this works real well. LOB and raw (binary) data can be a bit of an issue but still this is a provided feature with the db.

2 - Potentially you could use SQL over a database link to compare table contents

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 09 2008 - 12:15:14 CDT

Original text of this message