Re: Newbie question - Oracle Trace Results

From: <tony_audsley_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:53:12 -0700 (PDT)

bdbafh,

I would have expected to see the EXEC and FETCH lines as well. At the point the application reaches the abort stage, it has already processed a number of SQL statement successfully and also, if i move the SQL statements to be executed around in the application, it will run fine until it reaches a statement that is, by comparison, large.

I am presuming that due to the lack of EXEC and or FETCH lines, that the SQL has not been executed on the server. If this is the case, is there anything that would cause this to happen?

Unfortunately, the application we are running will not run with Oracle 9 client or above. Already been down that route!! Just for information, Oracle 8 client, Oracle 8.1.7.4 server, Windows 2000 SP4 and MDAC 2.7

The application connects through a ODBC DSN, using the Microsoft ODBC driver (using the Oracle driver makes matters worse) and i've tried the Trace option in Windows DataSources, but this gives me even less information.

Looking at the Oracle trace file, it is making me wonder whether there is something specific on the server that is causing the issue!!

This is making my hair grey, and my Kids are already buying 'Just for Men' in bulk!!

Regards Received on Wed Apr 09 2008 - 11:53:12 CDT

Original text of this message