Re: Newbie question - Oracle Trace Results

From: bdbafh <>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 10:57 am, wrote:
> Hi,
> First time post so be gentle :)
> When looking at a trace file, does the absence of an Exec, as in the
> following
> PARSING IN CURSOR #1 len=3523 dep=0 uid=32 oct=3 lid=32
> tim=30556916889618 hv=3499698552 ad='a6a67068'
> {SQL Select Statement - Not included due to length of 3000+ chars}
> #1:c=100000,e=148774,p=7,cr=425,cu=0,mis=1,r=0,dep=0,og=4,tim=30556916889610
> indicate that the SQL statement was not executed?? The PARSE..
> statement was the last line in the Trace file.
> If so, is there anyway to find out why?
> I have a Windows application that uses SQLExecDirect to execute SQL
> statement on a Oracle 8i dbase.
> It seems to be that when the SQL statement is of a certain size, the
> application just aborts.
> The issue is that we have identical Application, Oracle Client, Oracle
> server and drivers on different Customer sites and on some sites the
> application works and others it does not.
> Regards

I would expect to see an EXEC and a FETCH line, as well as numerous SQL*Net messages.

Is there any chance that the environment could be brought up to date from 8i R3 to 10g R2 with the current patchsets applied?

(good luck opening a support request on 8i)

If you're using ODBC, be careful with the patchset, or the Oracle 10g R2 Client for MS Vista that has the patchset built in. There is a patch available for the issue.

-bdbafh Received on Wed Apr 09 2008 - 11:05:03 CDT

Original text of this message