Re: compilation error in plsql

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:35:00 +0200

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:494db$47fca5c0$524b5c40$29580_at_cache6.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
> Shakespeare wrote:

>> "The Boss" <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid> schreef in bericht
>>> Your variable declarations should be preceded by the "DECLARE" keyword.
>>>
>>> HTH.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jeroen
>>>

>> No they don't. Not within a procedure, I think it won't even compile.
>>
>> Shakespeare

> Page 7-9 of the Oracle 7 Server Application Developers Guide:
> "Unlike in an anonymous PL/SQL block, you do not use the
> keyword DECLARE before the declarations of variables,
> cursors and exceptions in a stored procedure.
> In fact, it is an error to use it."
>

> No mention of an error code, just the fact that
> it is "an error to use it"
>

> --
>

> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

> Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up

But it will generate a PLS-00103 when trying to compile it.

Shakespeare
-- To declare or not to declare, that's the question -- Received on Wed Apr 09 2008 - 10:35:00 CDT

Original text of this message