Re: compilation error in plsql

From: Frank van Bortel <>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:17:19 +0200

Shakespeare wrote:
> "The Boss" <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid> schreef in bericht

>> Your variable declarations should be preceded by the "DECLARE" keyword.
>> HTH.
>> --
>> Jeroen

> No they don't. Not within a procedure, I think it won't even compile.
> Shakespeare

Page 7-9 of the Oracle 7 Server Application Developers Guide: "Unlike in an anonymous PL/SQL block, you do not use the keyword DECLARE before the declarations of variables, cursors and exceptions in a stored procedure. In fact, it is an error to use it."

No mention of an error code, just the fact that it is "an error to use it"

Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up