Re: compilation error in plsql

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:17:19 +0200

Shakespeare wrote:
> "The Boss" <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid> schreef in bericht

>> Your variable declarations should be preceded by the "DECLARE" keyword.
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> --
>> Jeroen
>>

> No they don't. Not within a procedure, I think it won't even compile.
>
> Shakespeare

Page 7-9 of the Oracle 7 Server Application Developers Guide: "Unlike in an anonymous PL/SQL block, you do not use the keyword DECLARE before the declarations of variables, cursors and exceptions in a stored procedure. In fact, it is an error to use it."

No mention of an error code, just the fact that it is "an error to use it"

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up