Re: Set password for database control

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:31:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 6, 3:13 pm, "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to set password for Database Control.
>
> emctl stop dbconsole
>
> This command will stop database control.
> I want to set a password for it, so that it can not be stop without
> password and not be start without a password.
>
> Please help me in it.
>
> Oracle Database Version : 10.2.0.2
> OS: Solaris

Look at emctl - it's just a script. You can add what you want to it, provided you can handle fixing with every patch. Google for shell script password to see how to make it ask for a password. As the others noted, beyond that it is an OS security issue. If they can see the script, perhaps they can copy it and make it do what they want.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Easy money.  http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080405/news_1b5delphi.html