Re: A small gig requiring you to know Oracle Model clause

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:22:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 4, 3:18 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 12:39 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 3, 3:19 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > > Looked to me like a typical Captain Morgan post where his signature is
> > > longer than the reply. But of course then he can keep self promoting
> > > eh?
>
> > Is there something wrong with self promoting?
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.http://education.guardian.co.uk/egweekly/story/0,,2261683,00.html
>
> Captain Morgan likes to complain about spam but he is the chief
> contributor in this newsgroup. In my opinion anyhow. Rarely but
> sometimes he actually does contribute something useful ... what is
> your opinion?

I don't see any spam from Morgan. Perhaps you should tell your definition of spam? A small amount of contact info in .sig files has long been considered acceptable or even desired, throughout usenet. I think the spamcopping is useful, and besides that, he contributes a lot. Nothing wrong with differing opinions, I just simply don't understand yours. Maybe if you pointed to a specific post we could decompose (aside from the one in this thread)? Contrast that with, say, Takveen... :-O

If you have any additions, suggestions or corrections to http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm you can send those along to rtfm (at) dbaoracle.net, too.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Los Angeles County has the largest minority population in the